Reduce your double chin and redefine your jawline without invasive surgery with this injectable solution. It’s a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid—a naturally-occurring substance in your body.
Before your treatment
- Since alcohol can increase chances of bruising, be careful to avoid any alcohol 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- You should also avoid topical products like retinol, glycolic acid and other anti-aging products for at least three days before the procedure.
- Ensure you haven’t booked a chemical peel, microdermabrasion or laser treatments two weeks before Belkyra.
- Consult with a Refine dermatologist for advice on any medicines and/or supplements (e.g. OTC painkillers, omega-3 supplements, etc.) that may need to be temporarily discontinued in the days leading up to your treatment.
After your treatment
- Keep yourself well hydrated for two days post-treatment.
- Refrain from using makeup for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and hot environments and/or procedures like saunas, laser treatments and chemical peels for 2 weeks post-treatment. Tip: Apply a good sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Be gentle when cleaning your face.
- Remain in an upright position (no lying down!) for four hours after your injection.
- Follow the post-treatment instructions provided by your Refine dermatologist.
Frequently asked questions
- Does Belkyra hurt? You may feel a mild burning sensation from the treatment but numbing creams and products will be used to alleviate any discomfort.
- Are there any side effects? Common minor side effects include injection site reactions, swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, itching, warmth, hardness, tingling or burning sensation, and skin tightness. These symptoms will subside within two weeks of your treatment. If you experience excessive discomfort of any kind, please discuss it with your treatment provider.
- How many treatments are required? Two to four treatments are typically needed to see visible improvements in your chin profile.
- How quickly can I get back to my daily activities after the treatment? Belkyra has minimal downtime, which occurs most commonly after the first treatment session. Swelling and bruising are common post-treatment.
- How long do the results last? Once you achieve your desired aesthetic goal, further treatment is not expected. This because with Belkyra, the Deoxycholic Acid that is injected into the fat causes the destruction of its cells. Once destroyed, those cells can no longer store or accumulate fat.